Mary McGuire has always been an inveterate doodler; during lessons at school, lectures at university and later, at work, meetings.
From an early age, she also drew pictures as presents for friends and relatives, usually when she was at a loss as to what else to give them or too skint to be able to buy them a proper gift.
Gradually, they started commissioning her hand drawn artwork to give to their friends and before she knew it Drawnbyhand had appeared.
This went on quietly, behind the scenes, for some time until, as people do, the friends grew up, had children and started commissioning their offspring's names in artwork. Before she knew it, a niche market appeared and Mary now earns her living drawing name art.
As well as here, online, she exhibits in a gallery in her home town.
Now you can order drawnbyhand cards, singly - or in boxed sets - from Zazzle. To take a look or find out more, click here.
“My daughter doesn't know what it is yet but my wife and I are absolutely delighted!” - Steve, first time dad.
“It's fab! Even better, all the other mothers who have seen it are green with envy!” - Leigh, first time mum.
“Excellent! Now I know what to get my godchildren as birthday presents over the next year.” - Katherine, semi-professional Godmother.
“Wow! Look George! You've got an heirloom!” - Chad, 3, first time older brother.
’Looking for a christening gift?
Here are five reasons to make it name art....
1. It shows you care enough to put time and forethought into selecting the right gift and yet arranging it is a piece of cake.
2. It’s a generous present but at the same time, not so extravagant as to be embarrassing... and it won’t break the bank.
3. It will last a lifetime. All name pictures are drawn in permanent, lightfast and colourfast inks.
4. It’s original – definitely not your run-of-the-mill baby gift.
5. It’s unique – each name art picture is hand drawn from scratch. In other words, no two are the same.
If you would like to place an order, go to the contact page and fill in the form.